Thursday, January 18, 2018

Happy 95th Birthday To Roosevelt Island Resident And Pioneering NYPD Detective Mary Fitzgerald - One Of NYPD"s First Female Detectives

According to the NY Daily News, long time Roosevelt Island resident and former NYPD pioneering Detective Mary Fitzgerald celebrated her 95th birthday yesterday.
The NYPD Twitterverse adds:
The New York Daily News adds:
... “My favorite memory was when President Kennedy asked me who I was,” recalled Fitzgerald, the daughter of Irish immigrants. “He put out his hand and said, ‘And you are?’

“So he got a big surprise when I said, ‘I’m Detective Mary Fitzgerald.’ There was a lot of security, but I was the only woman.”

The nonagenarian smiled at the memory from her long run as one of New York’s Finest. A signed photo of JFK’s wife (“With best wishes, Jacqueline Kennedy”) hangs inside her Roosevelt Island apartment...
Congratulations and Happy Birthday Detective Mary Fitzerald. Thank you for your service.

Check out the Mary Fitzgerald photo gallery from the NY Daily News too.

0 comments :